The Gateway to Leadership (GTL) Internship Program is designed to provide PAID summer internship opportunities to African American college students attending a four year university/college and who are interested and prepared to enter careers in the financial services industry.
Rolling Application Period: Applications will be reviewed as they are received fully completed with all supporting documents.
Main components of the Gateway to Leadership Program:
* Summer Internship – Offers a paid summer internship program that exposes interns to professional careers at leading financial services firms. Specifically, GTL interns are deployed as interns to firms within the industry located in such cities as the Des Moines, Philadelphia, New York, Boston, Hartford. Examples of internship host firms include: Brinker Capital, Legg Mason, Nationwide, Northwestern Mutual, Principal, Virtus, and Voya. During their internships, fellows apply what they have learned, acquire new skills, gain an understanding of the professional needs of financial services firms and make meaningful contributions.
* Money Management Institute Professional Development
1. Enrollment in Envestnet Institute On Campus
2. Complimentary Subscription to FundFire
3. Opportunities to participate in MMI NetMeetings featuring timely industry content, exposure to industry leaders, and career development
4. Access to industry mentors
5. Weekly engagement with fellow interns and MMI leaders discussing current events in the financial services industry
To apply, the applicants must:
* Demonstrate campus or civic leadership abilities and involvement in community service activities
* Provide a cover letter detailing interest in the financial services industry as a career and explaining what you hope to gain from the internship experience.
* Submit their current college transcript
* Submit their resume
* Submit a recommendation from a school administrator, faculty member, or dean familiar with the applicant's academic abilities.
General Eligibility Requirements:
* At least a 3.0 grade point average on a 4.0 scale
* College junior- Graduating Dec 2017, May 2018 or May 2019 if enrolled in dual undergraduate and MBA program- Transcripts should verify this information.
* Major in Business, Finance, Accounting, Banking, Economics, Management, Marketing, Computer Science or Actuary Science
* U.S Citizen or Permanent Resident
* Attend a four-year accredited university/college
* Have demonstrated leadership experience within college campus and/or community
* Have demonstrated interest in the financial services industry
During the course of their internship experience, interns will gain meaningful work experience and exposure to the financial service industry and be compensated at the normal rates paid to the firm’s corporate interns.
GTL Fellows are responsible for their housing during the internship. GTL staff along with host firms will provide guidance to interns on available, affordable housing near their job sites and may offer assistance such as access to corporate housing and/or assistance in obtaining low cost housing at local colleges/universities. Preferences shall be given to students who reside in the following locations: Des Moines, IA; St. Petersburg, FL; Chicago, IL; St. Louis, MO; New York, NY; Philadelphia, PA; Hartford, CT; Jersey City, NJ; Boston, MA.
For additional information, please forward email to email@example.com