The CVS Health Foundation Health Care Careers Scholarship was established in collaboration with UNCF to provide need-based scholarships to qualified African American or Latinx students for their junior and senior years. Applicants for the program must meet the criteria below. For renewal in senior year, students must continue to meet the criteria:
* Be a second-semester sophomore at the time of application who will be a junior at the time of the initial award
* Be a Black or Latinx student enrolled full-time at any accredited four-year college or university in the U.S.
* Have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
* Have completed the Free Application for Federal Student Aid ("FAFSA") form
* Have an unmet financial need as verified by the student's college or university of enrollment
* Have an interest in pursuing a career in the health care sector
* Be pursuing a major in pharmacy, nursing, business management, biology, biochemistry, finance, operations/supply chain, data analytics, information technology, actuary, or human resources.
1. Students shall submit an online application for the program complete with:
2. Two letters of recommendation: one from a faculty member and one from a community leader
3. A one-page personal statement of career interest in the health care industry or about the student's community service in the health care industry
4. A resume of activities and leadership
5. A current transcript
All application materials must be received by the application deadline. Any questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.