The UNCF/Best Buy Scholars Program is a multi-year partnership that seeks to achieve the following:
- * Reduce financial barriers to a college degree for low-income students with high academic and leadership promise who have significant financial need.
- * Create a pipeline of college-educated minority professionals poised to assume fulfilling careers in the consumer electronics retail industry
* Scholarship – Up to $20,000 per academic year, renewable for three years
* College Success Coach – aimed at supporting the student’s academic progress and professional development
* Online Learning Community – online resources to empower and prepare scholars for academic and personal success
* Early Career Coaching
* Attendance at UNCF Student Leadership Conference
* Best Buy E-Mentor
* Possible Internship Opportunities at Best Buy Headquarters in Minneapolis, MN
*Preference will be given to students who are alum participants in a Best Buy Teen Tech Center
*Be a U.S citizen of any race or ethnicity, with preference given to BIOPOC or underrepresented minorities
*Enrolled full-time in any classification at a two-year or four-year college or univerisity with preference given to students enrolled at HBCUs
*Possess a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.5 (unweighted) on a 4.0 scale
*Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid ("FAFSA")
*Open to all Majors- with the exception of majors focusing on career paths to become doctors, nurses, vets or teachers
*Have a demonstrated, unmet need as verified by their college or university
* Must submit a personal essay that describes your career goals and aspirations.
* Must upload current transcript. College Freshmen only may submit their final high school transcript.
* Must complete the online application - Click the "Apply" tab above to get started!
***Preference will be given to students who are enrolled at HBCU's***
Contact Crystal Terry - email@example.com