AAP-UNCF Internship Program
The AAP-UNCF Internship Program, sponsored in partnership with the Association of American Publishers, is seeking college juniors and seniors with an interest in pursuing a career in the publishing industry and whose experience in their first two years of college demonstrates leadership ability and commitment. Candidates will be selected to intern at AAP sponsored companies (Host sites) for the summer.
- * Paid 2018 summer internships at leading publishing companies
- * Scholars will be matched with mentors from the company where they are placed
- * Supplemental housing support as needed will be coordinated by UNCF
All qualified participants of the AAP-UNCF Internship Program must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- * African American student enrolled full time at historically black college or university (HBCU)
- * Classified as juniors (rising seniors) or graduating seniors
- * Minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- * U.S. citizen or a permanent resident
- * Majoring in history, communications, computer engineering, computer science, education, English literature, engineering, engineering technology, information technology, journalism, library science, philosophy, political science, theology/religion, science, social sciences, software engineering, accounting, finance, business, economics, public relations, marketing, mathematics, fine and visual arts/design, language/romance languages
- * Demonstrate strong writing skills measured by providing a graded writing sample
- * Possess demonstrated leadership skills and community service involvement
- * Provide a recommendation from a faculty member who will address their knowledge, skills, and abilities for the program
Students will submit an online application for the program, complete with a letter of recommendation, a resume, one-page personal statement of career interest in the publishing field, and a current transcript.
- * Elsevier (RELX)
- * Hachette Book Group
- * HarperCollins Publishers
- * Macmillan Publishers
- * Penguin Random House
- * Scholastic
- * W.W. Norton & Company
Any questions, please email email@example.com.