Mr. Justin G. Bullion partnered with UNCF this year again to provide scholarships to the Town of Wellesley METCO students graduating from the Wellesley High School in the spirit of the lessons of peace and equality promoted by Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
This scholarship opportunity will provide 2 merit-based renewable awards for a total of $6,000 over 2 years ($2,500 for the 2022-2023 academic year and $3,500 for the 2023-2024 academic year).
To be eligible for this opportunity you must:
- Be a graduating senior from Wellesley High School in the Town of Wellesley, MA, and participant in METCO (Metropolitan Council for Educational Opportunity)
- Have a minimum GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale
- Plan to enroll full-time at a 4-year U.S. accredited college or university in the fall of 2022
To renew the scholarship, you must:
- Maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale
- Continue to be enrolled full-time at a 4-year U.S. accredited college or university in the fall of 2023
For this scholarship application you will need the following:
- Current high school unofficial or official transcript
- Two (2) letters of recommendation from a teacher, a community leader regarding your extra-curricular activity, or a counselor
- Candidates must submit a one-page essay responding to one of the following:
1) What do you consider to be the most pressing societal problems facing students today? And why?
2) Define courage. Give an example of a time in which you had to rely on your own courage to accomplish a goal.
3) "Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter."
4) "In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends."
5) "The function of education is to teach one to think intensively and to think critically. Intelligence plus character that is the goal of true education."
Please Note the Following Guidelines on "How to Invite Reference/Recommender?"
Two letters of recommendation are required for a complete application. The recommender must not be related to you. The recommendation form must be submitted before or by the deadline.
To give your recommender the maximum amount of time to submit his/her recommendation, you should enter all information for your recommender (name and e-mail) as early as possible. This Application System will remind you to "Invite References" until your recommender has been invited. This generates an e-mail to your recommender notifying him/her of your application and request for his/her recommendation.
For assistance with recommendation letters, please see the attached supporting document to the right.
For questions, please email Jeff Darden II