VWGoA/UNCF Corporate Scholars Program
The VWGoA/UNCF Corporate Scholars Program, sponsored in partnership with Volkswagen Group of America, Inc., is seeking full-time juniors enrolled in an accredited Historically Black College or University (HBCU) majoring in business, marketing, information technology, or engineering, whose college experience demonstrates community service, leadership, and analytical ability during their college career. Candidates will be selected to intern for summer 2022.
- *Paid 2022 summer internship with Volkswagen Group of America, Inc. may be virtual or onsite depending on the role
- *Opportunity to be selected for a Merit-Based Scholarship in the amount of $11,500 to be applied for the Senior year. Please note the scholarship is contingent upon the successful completion of the summer internship.
- *Participation in the UNCF Career Readiness and Leadership Training Online Program
- *Consideration for future employment opportunities post-graduation
- *Participation in UNCF Student Leadership Conference (SLC) | Students selected for an internship can participate in a four-day professional development and leadership conference in Washington, D.C. prior to the start of their internship. The SLC aims to provide a framework and forum for equipping students with the skill sets that they will need to be successful as interns and early career professionals.
During SLC, participants will:
* Enhance critical thinking skills
* Develop stronger project management abilities
* Improve verbal and written communication
* Sharpen workplace productivity
* Hone quality workplace readiness and etiquette
* Improve networking skills
* Experience highly motivating industry, corporate and national leaders
All qualified participants of the VWGoA/UNCF Corporate Scholars Program must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- *Junior undergraduate student enrolled full-time at an accredited educational institution (must be junior at the time of application)
- *Minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- *U.S. citizen
- *Majoring in business, marketing, information technology, or engineering at the undergraduate level
Students shall submit an online application, complete with a one-page personal statement of career goals that specifically addresses why they want to be a part of the VWGoA/UNCF Corporate Scholars Program and their interest in an internship with VWGoA. The application will also include extracurricular activities, honors and awards, community service, and interests within and outside of their major. Students will be required to submit a current resume and transcript.
For more information, contact: Melissa Jordan, Director of Professional Development Programs at firstname.lastname@example.org.