The Panda Cares First-Year Scholars Program is a one-time postsecondary scholarship and college success program for graduating high school seniors entering their first year of college.
* Must be a graduating high school senior planning to enroll in fall 2020 as a full-time, first-year student at an accredited U.S. located four-year college or university;
* Must be a resident of eligible states or territory: Alaska, Arkansas, Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, New Jersey, New Mexico, Nevada, New York, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin, and Puerto Rico;
* Must have a minimum cumulative 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale;
* Must be a citizen, national or legal permanent resident of the United States;
* Must have a completed FAFSA, qualify for Federal Pell Grant and must demonstrate unmet need;
* A letter of recommendation;
* A personal statement to demonstrate their grit in their pursuit of a college education;
* A copy of their financial aid award letter from the college they are attending;
* A full copy of their most recent FAFSA student aid report;
* Their final high school transcript;
* A statement describing their extracurricular activities, honors and awards, and community service
For questions regarding the scholarship program, please email PandaCaresFirstYear@uncf.org.