At Kaiser Permanente we believe everyone should have equal access to education and live a long, healthy life. In partnership with UNCF, The Kaiser Permanente Health Equity Scholarship Program was created to build healthier communities by helping students achieve their dreams of going to college.
The Kaiser Permanente Health Equity Scholars Program aims to support young leaders who have a demonstrated interest in pursuing a clinical (e.g., pharmacist, physician, practitioner, nurse) or non-clinical (e.g., accounting, business administration, human resources, marketing, public policy) career in the healthcare industry.
The application is now open for the 2022-23 academic year and students will be awarded in the Fall Term of 2022.
*Scholarship awards of up to $5,000 (based on unmet need).
*Dedicated UNCF College Success Coach for a year.
*Access to a Kaiser Permanente Health Equity Scholars' Online Learning Community for a year.
Program Eligibility Requirements:
Applicants for the program must meet the following requirements:
*You MUST reside, in one of the following eight (8) Kaiser Permanente service areas: California, Colorado, District of Columbia, Georgia, Maryland, Oregon, Virginia, or Washington State.
*Possess a cumulative grade point average of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.
*Complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
*Have a demonstrated, unmet financial need as verified by your college or university.
*Be a U.S. citizen, national, permanent resident, undocumented immigrant or designated DACA ("Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals") recipient of the U.S.
*Self-identify as African American/Black or any other ethnic/racial group.
*Be a first-generation college, university, or community college student.
*Be a current high school graduate, who plans to enroll full-time, as a first-year college student during the fall semester of 2022, at a U.S.-located, four-year accredited, not-for-profit college or university; or two-year accredited, not-for-profit community college.
*Be interested in pursuing either a clinical career path (e.g., pharmacist, physician, practitioner, nurse) or non-clinical career path (e.g., accounting, business administration, human resources, marketing, public policy) career path in the healthcare industry.
For consideration, application must be submitted online and include the following:
1. A current copy of your high school transcript (unofficial copy can be submitted).
2. An online recommendation from a teacher, counselor or community leader (letters from a family member or a friend is unacceptable). Please use the recommendation instructions located to the right for further assistance.
3. A full copy of the 2022-2023 school year student aid report (SAR), if you're a designated DACA or undocumented immigrant student, please upload your DACA document(s) confirming that you're a designated DACA or undocumented student.
4. Respond to essay prompt regarding career interests in healthcare and why.
Letter of Recommendation Guidance:
1. An online letter of recommendation must be submitted from a teacher, guidance counselor, or community leader (letters from family members or friends will not be accepted).
2. If they haven't already, recommenders will need to create an account on the UNCF website in order to submit an online recommendation.
3. Recommenders can still submit an online recommendation without the emailed invitation code, please have them follow the instructions on number four.
4. For assistance on how to submit an online recommendation without an invitation code, please click the link at the bottom right of the page.
*Preference will be given to students from underrepresented communities and/or students who identify as first-generation college bound.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Applicants who have submitted complete applications will be notified of scholarship decision within 8 weeks after the application due date.
For account login issues, call a UNCF representative at 202-810-0258 Monday to Friday, 9 AM to 5 PM EST.
For more information, please contact Yves Pierre at email@example.com