The Magic City Classic Scholarship was started in 2015 to commemorate the Classic's 74th anniversary. The scholarship will be open to Sophomores and Juniors attending Alabama State University or Alabama A&M University.
Recipients will be awarded a one-time scholarship up to $3,473.33 for the 2019-2020 academic year.
To be eligible for this opportunity you must:
- Be enrolled a sophomore or junior at the time of the application (2018-2019 school year) at Alabama State University or Alabama Agricultural & Mechanical University
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Reside or be permanent resident of the State of Alabama
- Have a demonstrated unmet, financial need
- Student online application
- One-page personal statement of career interest & goals
- Current transcript
- One (1) letter of recommendation
Please Note the Following Guidelines on "How to Invite Reference/Recommender?"
One letter of recommendation is required for a complete application. The recommender must not be related to you. The recommendation form must be submitted before or by the deadline.
In order to give your recommender the maximum amount of time to submit his/her recommendation, you should enter all information for your recommender (name and e-mail) as early as possible. This Application System will remind you to "Invite References" until your recommender has been invited. This generates an e-mail to your recommender notifying him/her of your application and request for his/her recommendation. For assistance with reference, please see the attached supporting document to the right.
If you have any questions, please email Jeff Darden II