Developed in partnership with UNCF, the 2021 Crown Castle Opportunity Scholarship Program will provide 30 scholarships to African American college juniors who exhibit determination, integrity, and perseverance in overcoming adversity. Applicants from all majors are welcome to apply, with priority given to those with majors which position them to apply to Crown Castle-led internship and rotational programs, including but not limited to: accounting, business, computer science, engineering, finance, information technology, political science, and pre-law.
This $10,000.00 need-based scholarship will be awarded for the 2021-2022 academic year, and is renewable for up to 1 year for recipients who continue to meet eligibility requirements.
- Be African American/Black, and a US citizen or legal resident.
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.
- Be enrolled full-time as a college junior for the 2021-2022 academic year at any accredited 4-year institution, with priority given to applicants attending HBCUs.
- Have completed the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and have a demonstrated unmet financial need, as verified by the applicant’s institution.
Application Must Include:
- An official or unofficial current academic transcript.
- A 1-page essay (see application for details).
- One letter of recommendation from a faculty member or administrator.
Selected recipients will have their contact information shared with Crown Castle for ongoing communication and participation in the Crown Castle Opportunity Scholarship Program.
Letter of Recommendation Troubleshooting
Applicants will invite references during the application process, and should also email the How to Submit a Letter of Recommendation document (download link on the right of this page) to their reference for troubleshooting. Emailed letters of recommendation to UNCF will not be accepted at any time.
Applicants who have submitted complete applications will be notified of scholarship decisions by November 30, 2021. Please contact Brandi Williams with questions about this scholarship that have not been answered above.