The Ladders of Hope Scholarship Program has decided to provide 6 scholarships to current College Freshmen who are currently attending a UNCF member institution full-time. A listing of UNCF member schools can be located at https://uncf.org/member-colleges.
This scholarship opportunity will provide a renewable award of up to $5,000.00 for 4 years beginning during the 2020-2021 academic school year.
* Be a college freshman who is currently enrolled as a full-time student at any UNCF member institution.
* Possess grade point average of 2.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
* Complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (“FAFSA”) form.
* Have a demonstrated, unmet need as verified by their college or university; and
* Be a permanent resident of South Los Angeles and/or surrounding area. Zip codes: 90001, 90002, 90003, 90007, 90008, 90011, 90016, 90018, 90037, 90043, 90044, 90047, 90059, 90061, 90062, 90220, 90222, 90248, 90301, 90302, 90303, 90304, 90305.
- Complete the student online application.
- One-page personal statement answering the question: “How will you use your education to make South Los Angeles an even better community?”.
- One (1) letter of recommendation.
To renew the scholarship you must:
- Maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.
- Continue to be enrolled as a full-time student in good academic and personal standing at a UNCF member institution.
- Continued demonstrated unmet financial need as verified by college/university.
- Complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (“FAFSA”) form annually.
Please Note the Following Guidelines on "How to Invite Reference/Recommender?"
In order to give your recommender the maximum amount of time to submit his/her recommendation, you should enter all information for your recommender (name and e-mail) as early as possible. This Application System will remind you to "Invite References" until your recommender has been invited. This generates an e-mail to your recommender notifying him/her of your application and request for his/her recommendation. For assistance with reference, please see the attached supporting document to the right.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.