William L. & Mary Ann Brown has decided to provide 1 renewable scholarship to graduating high school seniors attending a high school in Mecklenburg County, North Carolina planning to major in and pursue a career in the STEM field.
This scholarship opportunity will provide a renewable award of up to $2,500.00 for 4 years beginning during the 2019-2020 academic school year
To be eligible for this opportunity you must:
- Be a permanent resident of and attend a Mecklenburg County, North Carolina high school
- Be a graduating high school senior who has been accepted at any UNCF member institution, other HBCU, or an accredited four-year institution
- Be planning to pursue a major in a STEM field
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (“FAFSA”) form
- Have a demonstrated unmet, financial need verified by the university financial aid department
- Complete the student online application
- One-page personal statement of career interested in a STEM field
- Current transcript (unofficial or official)
- One (1) letter of recommendation from a teacher in a STEM-related area
To renew the scholarship, you must:
- Maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Be enrolled at an accredited, four-year institution and continuing to pursue a STEM, CS or IT-related degree
- Complete a FAFSA annually
- Continued demonstrated unmet financial need as verified by college/university
- Continue to be enrolled full-time in good personal and academic standing and pursuing a STEM major at any UNCF member institution, other HBCU, or a U.S. located, accredited, four-year college or university
Please Note the Following Guidelines on "How to Invite Reference/Recommender?"
One letter of recommendation is required for a complete application. The recommender must not be related to you. The recommendation form must be submitted before or by the deadline.
In order to give your recommender, the maximum amount of time to submit his/her recommendation, you should enter all information for your recommender (name and e-mail) as early as possible. This Application System will remind you to "Invite References" until your recommender has been invited. This generates an e-mail to your recommender notifying him/her of your application and request for his/her recommendation. For assistance with reference, please see the attached supporting document to the right.
Please contact Jeff Darden II if you have additional questions.
If you have any questions, please email Jeff Darden II