Jack and Jill of America Foundation is committed to the positive development of African American youth as future leaders. Through providing programs focused on financial literacy, education, mentoring, health and wellness, and early childhood development, the Foundation promotes the preparation of succeeding generations of African American leaders.
Jack and Jill of America Foundation is excited to support African American students in their pursuits of higher education, enabling them to attain their fullest potential as individuals, enjoy rewarding and fulfilling lives, and contribute to global peace and prosperity. It is through generous contributions from Jack and Jill of America, Inc. chapters across the country that the Foundation is able to provide academic scholarships to deserving college freshmen who meet the program qualifications.
2020-2021 Student Criteria:
- Be an incoming freshman at an accredited 4-year institution and enrolled full-time for the 2020-2021 academic year.
- Be an African American citizen or permanent resident of the United States.
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale at the time of high school graduation.
- Have completed a minimum of 60 hours of active community service during the 2019-2020 academic year.
- Have completed the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and a demonstrated unmet financial need (verified by your institution’s Financial Aid Office).
- Complete the online application in its entirety.
- Complete a 1-page essay that describes your career interest(s) (essay should be drafted in Word or another program, then cut and pasted into the essay field of the application).
- Upload a copy of your most recent official or unofficial academic transcript.
- Upload a completed and signed Community Service Verification Form (form is located on the right side of this page; form must be signed electronically by the Service Project supervisor and the student; a separate form must be used for each service project).
Note: All fields on the application marked with an asterisk (*) are required. All materials listed above in Application Requirements are required. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Please allow 6-8 weeks from the closing date of this scholarship program for selection decisions to be rendered. You may contact Brandi Williams with any questions regarding this scholarship.