In partnership with UNCF, PepsiCo Foundation has developed the PEPSICO FOUNDATION-UNCF BRONX WOMEN'S INITIATIVE to provide need-based scholarships to female college students who maintain permanent residency in the Bronx, NY. This one time scholarship opportunity is open to those students who will be enrolled as undergraduates in the fall of 2021.
*Students who have been previously awarded must reapply for full consideration.
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.75 on a 4.0 scale.
- Be a US citizen or permanent resident.
- Have completed a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for the 2021-22 academic year.
- Have a demonstrated unmet financial need that will be verified by the institution
- Be a permanent resident of the Bronx, NY.
Applications must be submitted online by the due date, and must include:
- A current, unofficial academic transcript.
- A 1-page personal statement.
- One letter of recommendation from a faculty member or administrator.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Applicants who have submitted complete applications will be notified of scholarship decisions approximately 8 weeks after the application due date.
Letter of Recommendation Guidance
One letter of recommendation (LOR) is required to complete this application. The recommender must be a faculty member or administrator. The LOR must be made through the online Applicant System and must be received by the application due date. Emailed LORs will not be accepted.
Applicants should give the recommender ample time to complete the LOR by entering all recommender information (name and email) as early as possible. The recommender will be sent automated instructions at the email address provided to submit the LOR in the Applicant System. Applicants will receive "Invite References" reminders until a recommender is invited.
If you have any questions, please email Kenya Gray.