The Ft. Wayne Indiana Scholarship Program was established by the Ft. Wayne Indiana Leadership Council in partnership with UNCF. The program is designed to assist eligible students from Northeast Indiana.
* Maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.50 or better on a scale of 4.00;
* Be current freshman, sophomore or junior enrolled full-time at any accredited four-year institution during the Spring 2022 Semester;
* Pursuing a major in any field, however, preference will be given to students majoring in the natural sciences, accounting, finance, marketing, informational systems or business management related studies;
* Reside or be a permanent resident of Northeast Indiana.
* Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
* Must submit an online application
* Must submit 1 letter of recommendation
* Must submit a 500-word essay outlining career aspiration, leadership experience and most significant achievement,
* Must submit most recent official or unofficial transcript.
All application materials must be received by the applicable deadline, February 28, 2021.
Selected students will receive up to $2,500.00 need-based scholarship for the 2021-2022 academic year.
Please Note the Following Guidelines on "How to Invite Reference/Recommender?"
One letter of recommendation is required for a complete application. The recommender must not be related to you. The recommendation form must be submitted before or by the deadline.
To give your recommender, the maximum amount of time to submit his/her recommendation, you should enter all information for your recommender (name and e-mail) as early as possible. This Application System will remind you to "Invite References" until your recommender has been invited. This generates an e-mail to your recommender notifying him/her of your application and request for his/her recommendation. For assistance with submitting letters of recommendation, please see the attached supporting document to the right.
If you have any questions, please email Jeff Darden II