Thank you for your interest in the UNCF/Koch Scholars Program. The applications are currently being processed and applicants will be notified of their status by mid-September.
UNCF has collaborated with Koch Industries and the Charles Koch Foundation to support educational opportunities for African-American students and Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs). The program provides academic support, mentoring and networking opportunities, and scholarships to exemplary students with an interest in the study of how entrepreneurship, economics and innovation contribute to the well-being of individuals, communities and society.
To be considered for a Koch Scholars Program Post-Doctoral Scholarship, an applicant must be:
* African American;
* A Ph.D. or hold an equivalent doctoral degree recipient in an Accounting, Business, Economics, Engineering, History, Philosophy or Political Science discipine by the end of academic year 2014-2015;
* Applying for, appointed as a new, or continuing postdoctoral fellow during the 2014-2015 academic year pursuing research at an academic or non-academic research institutions (listed under the "Eligibility Requirements" section to the right) which compliments the study of how entrepreneurship, economics, and innovation contribute to the well-being individuals, communities, and societies;
* A postdoctoral appointee for a minimum of 12 months and up to a maximum of 24 months; and
* A citizen or permanent resident of the United States.
Applications must be submitted with the following items before or by the deadline:
1. Online Student Application which includes:
b) Dissertation Abstract;
c) Postdoctoral Research Proposal;
c) Proof of U.S. citizenship or permanent residency (copy of birth certificate, U.S. Passport, Resident Alien Card); and
d) Transcripts from graduate institutions.
2. Online Three Recommendation Forms:
a) Graduate Advisor Recommendation;
b) Postdoctoral Advisor Recommendation; and
c) Other Educator Recommendation.
Please note the following guidelines on "How to invite References/Recommenders?"
Recommendations from three individuals are required for a complete application. All three Recommendation Forms must be submitted before or by the deadline.
In order to give recommenders the maximum amount of time to submit their recommendations, you should enter all information for your recommenders (Name and E-mail) as early as possible. This Application System will remind you to "Invite References" until you've invited all your necessary references. This generates an e-mail to each recommender notifying them of your application and request for their recommendation. They should log on to the website and register as a reference using the invitation code and information contained in the e-mail, then cut and paste a letter of recommendation for you into the Essay text box.
If you have any questions regarding this opportunity, feel free to e-mail us at email@example.com or call us at (202) 810-0258.