UNCF is pleased to announce the BNSF Railway Foundation Scholarship Program for high-achieving students from Tarrant County, Texas.
Applicants for this program must meet the following criteria:
* Possess a minimum of a 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 Scale
* Complete a Free Application for Federal Financial Aid ("FAFSA") form.
* Have a demonstrated unmet, financial need as verified by their college or university
* Reside or be a permanent resident of Tarrant County, Texas
* Be a full-time, enrolled degree seeking candidate at a UNCF-member institution OR at any other fully accredited HBCU or US located college or university during the 2021-2022 academic year.
To complete this application, you will need:
* Complete the online application
* Submit one (1) letter of recommendation
* Write a 1-page personal statement of career interest
* Provide an unofficial or official transcript
Please Note the Following Guidelines on "How to Invite Reference/Recommender?"
One letter of recommendation is required for a complete application. The recommender must not be related to you. The recommendation form must be submitted before or by the deadline.
In order to give your recommender, the maximum amount of time to submit his/her recommendation, you should enter all information for your recommender (name and e-mail) as early as possible. This Application System will remind you to "Invite References" until your recommender has been invited. This generates an e-mail to your recommender notifying him/her of your application and request for his/her recommendation. For assistance with reference, please see the attached supporting document to the right.
For questions, please email Jeff Darden II.