Global Payments, Inc. (NYSE: GPN), a leading worldwide provider of payment technology and software solutions, with its principal offices in Georgia, is providing four scholarships in memory of Gerald Wilkins to students who permanently reside in Box Springs, Columbus, Fort Benning, or Upatoi, Georgia and attend a UNCF member institution. residing in specific Georgia zip codes.
This scholarship opportunity is open to full-time enrolled students attending any of the 37 UNCF member institutions.
Scholarship recipients will receive up to $2,200 in scholarship funds for the 2021-2022 academic year.
- * Reside in or be a permanent resident from one of the following zip codes in Box Springs, Columbus, Fort Benning, or Upatoi, Georgia (31801, 31808, 31820, 31829, 31901, 31902, 31903, 31904, 31905, 31906, 31907, 31908, 31914, 31917, 31993, 31995, 31997, 31998, 31999).
- * Be a full-time Black/African American, Native American, Latinx, or Asian/Pacific Island student enrolled for the 2021-2022 academic year at one of the 37 UNCF member institutions.
- * Possess a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.
- * Complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid ("FAFSA") form that applies to the 2021-2022 academic year. Form found at: https://studentaid.gov/.
- * Have a demonstrated unmet financial need as verified by the enrolled college or university.
- * Submit one letter of recommendation from a non-relative.
- * A one-page personal statement of career interest.
- * An official or unofficial current academic transcript.
Letter of Recommendation Guidance
One letter of recommendation is required to complete this application. The recommender must not be a relative. The reference letter must be submitted through the online application system. References received past the application deadline will not be accepted. Emailed recommendations will not be accepted.
Allow your reference plenty of time to complete the recommendation by entering the name and email as early as possible. Also, send your reference the instructions to submit a reference without an invitation link as early as possible. The instruction file is in the lower right corner of this page. The reference will need your registration id (zip code – last four numbers of telephone) along with your first and last name as it appears on your application to submit a reference without the invitation link.
If you or your reference have any issues completing the application, scholarship representatives are available to assist you by telephone at 202-810-0258, Monday to Friday, 8 AM to 5 PM EST.
Applicants who have submitted completed applications will be notified of scholarship decisions within 8 weeks after the application closing date.
If you have specific questions about this scholarship, please contact Martha Bryant, firstname.lastname@example.org