The Shirley Levitin Scholarship is directed towards 2018 graduates from Franklin County, Ohio, who participated in sanctioned athletics and maintained academic excellence. The program is designed to award well-rounded former high school students-athletes currently pursuing an undergraduate degree.
This is a one-time award in the amount of up to $2,475.00 for 2018-2019 academic school year.
To be eligible for this scholarship students must:
- Be enrolled full-time at any U.S. accredited 4-year institution for the 2018-19 academic year
- Have at least a 2.5 GPA on a 4.0 scale (high school or college)
- Current Freshman classification for the 2018-2019 academic school year
- Be a June 2018 graduate from a high school within Franklin County, Ohio
- Have demonstrated commitment to athletics through participation in one of more sports while attending a Franklin County, Ohio high school
To complete this application, you will need:
- Complete the online application
- Submit one (1) letter of recommendation from a former high school coach discussing how student excelled in his/her sport
- Write a 1-page personal statement of career interest
- Provide an unofficial or official high school transcript
Please Note the Following Guidelines on "How to Invite Reference/Recommender?"
One letter of recommendation is required for a complete application. The recommender must not be related to you. The recommendation form must be submitted before or by the deadline.
In order to give your recommender, the maximum amount of time to submit his/her recommendation, you should enter all information for your recommender (name and e-mail) as early as possible. This Application System will remind you to "Invite References" until your recommender has been invited. This generates an e-mail to your recommender notifying him/her of your application and request for his/her recommendation. For assistance with reference, please see the attached supporting document to the right.
Please contact Jeff Darden II if you have additional questions.