Established in 1999, Panda Cares is the philanthropic arm of Panda Restaurant Group. They are committed to serving the communities in which they operate by serving the Health and Education needs of underserved children. The Panda Cares is powered by a team of 27,000 associates in over 1,800 stores and 46 states.
Expanding its mission to higher education the Panda Cares Foundation has partnered with UNCF to create the Panda Cares Scholars Program.
Accepting applications from current college freshmen who will begin college in fall 2020 as a college sophomore.
The Panda Cares Scholars Program is a selective scholarship program that advances higher education for community-minded and intellectually gifted students. The Panda Cares Scholars Program will award a three-year renewable scholarship for up to $15,500 (up to $3,500 sophomore year, up to $5,000 junior year and $7,000 senior year) to highly capable future leaders for America who demonstrate academic achievement, strong leadership skills and a commitment to community service.
To qualify, applicants must:
* Current enrolled full time at a U.S. located, accredited college and university as a college freshmen that will be sophomore beginning fall 2020
* Be a citizen, legal permanent resident, or national of the United States*
* Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 on an unweighted 4.0 scale
* Have a minimum of 20 hours of Community Service
* Have demonstrated financial and unmet need as measured by the student’s college or university
* Permanent address in one of states listed below: Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin
* Completed Recommendation (evaluation of applicants community service and leadership activities) submitted via the UNCF application portal
* Complete and submit the application by the deadline of July 1, 2020 11:59PM Eastern Daylight Time
Tiered tuition scholarship with funding up to $15,500:
* Up to $3,500 per academic year for sophomores, $5,000 for juniors and $5,000 for seniors.
* Scholarships are renewable for three undergraduate years, contingent upon:
1) Maintenance of a 3.0 (out of 4.0) GPA + continued full-time enrollment at a U.S. located, accredited college and university
2) Academic support and mentoring
* New Scholars Orientation
* Panda Cares Leadership Institute
* Mentoring, training and education
* Access to entrepreneurial training in launching community service ventures through student leadership conference
For questions or concerns please email firstname.lastname@example.org.