UNCF and the First Church of God present the First Church of God College Scholarship Program. This scholarship application is open to the First Church of God in Columbus, OH only. Applicants must demonstrate a commitment to community service and be accepted to or currently enrolled at an accredited two-year or four-year college or university. Selected students will be awarded in the 2021-2022 academic year.
To be considered for this scholarship you must:
1. Have a minimum cumulative 2.5 GPA on a 4.0 scale
2. Complete a FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)
3. Have a demonstrated unmet financial need verified by the student’s college or university
4. Reside in or be a permanent resident of Ohio at the time of selection
5. Be an active member of the First Church of God of Columbus, OH and confirmed a church leadership team member's recommendation letter
6. Be accepted to or currently attending any UNCF member institution, other HBCU, or any accredited two-year or four-year college or university
1. Applicants must submit via UNCF's online scholarship application portal by June 30, 2021. All parts of the application must be completed and submitted by the deadline.
2. A letter of recommendation written by a First Church of God Leadership Team member
3. A legible transcript (unofficial or official) with the applicant’s current GPA and a letter of admission to verify enrollment
4. An essay will be the applicant’s personal statement of career interest
Letter of Recommendation Guidance
1. One letter of recommendation is required to complete this application. The recommender must be written by a First Church of God Leadership Team member. The letter of recommendation must be made through the UNCF online application system and must be received by the application deadline. Letter of recommendations that are emailed will not be accepted.
2. Applicants should give the recommender ample time to complete the request by entering all of the recommender’s information (name and email). The recommender will be sent instructions at the email address provided, with guidance on how to submit the recommendation in the online application system. Applicants will receive "invite reference" reminders until a recommender is invited or has accepted.
If you have questions, please email Pia Holland