The Nissan Scholars Program has decided to provide a total of 4 scholarships for 2 students attending Fisk University and 2 attending Tennessee State University. The awardees will also be offered an internship during the summer of 2021 at Nissan.
Recipients will be awarded a one-time scholarship of up to $5,000 for the 2020-2021 academic year.
To be eligible for this opportunity you must:
- Be a rising sophomore, junior or senior, who will not graduate before May 2021 and attends Fisk University or Tennessee State University
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Candidates may carry any major, however preference will be given to Engineering, Computer Science and auto industry related-majors
- Have a demonstrated unmet, financial need
- Student online application
- One-page personal statement of career interest & goals
- Current official or unofficial transcript
- One (1) letter of recommendation
Please Note the Following Guidelines on "How to Invite Reference/Recommender?"
One letter of recommendation is required for a complete application. The recommender must not be related to you. The recommendation form must be submitted before or by the deadline.
In order to give your recommender the maximum amount of time to submit his/her recommendation, you should enter all information for your recommender (name and e-mail) as early as possible. This Application System will remind you to "Invite References" until your recommender has been invited. This generates an e-mail to your recommender notifying him/her of your application and request for his/her recommendation. For assistance with reference, please see the attached supporting document to the right.
If you have any questions, please email Jeff Darden II