Procter & Gamble (P&G) beauty brands are trusted in millions of homes -- and have been passed down from generation to generation. Over the course of 181 years, P&G has challenged convention, led innovation, and helped shape culture with popular brands such as Old Spice, Pantene, and Olay.
P&G and Family Dollar, in partnership with UNCF, are sponsoring over 50 need-based scholarships for current and rising HBCU students to combat income inequality through the BE U Scholarship Program. All majors are welcome. Applicants must attend an HBCU located in North Carolina, Virginia, or Washington, DC. Scholarship funds will be disbursed in the 2022-2023 academic year.
- Be African American/Black.
- Be a US citizen or a legal US resident.
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.
- Be enrolled full-time as an incoming freshman, sophomore, junior, or senior for the 2022-2023 academic year attending any accredited HBCU located in the states of North Carolina, Virginia, or the District of Columbia.
- Have completed the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and have a demonstrated unmet financial need, as verified by the applicant's institution.
- A 1-page essay (see application for details).
Applicants who do not meet all eligibility and application requirements will not be considered for this scholarship opportunity.
Applicants who have submitted complete applications will be notified of scholarship decisions by August 1, 2022. Please contact Brandi Williams if you have a question about this scholarship program that has not been answered above.