The Eleanor Marjorie Prescod Memorial Scholarship will provide two (2) need-based renewable scholarships of $2,200, to college juniors or seniors majoring in science or humanities.
Students will be awarded for the 2021 - 2022 school year.
- Must have a minimum cumulative 3.5 GPA on the 4.0 scale.
- Must file a FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) each year.
- Must have demonstrated unmet financial need, verified by the student’s college or university’s financial aid office.
- Must be enrolled full-time or admitted to a UNCF member institution, another HBCU, or any accredited four-year college or university as a junior or senior.
- Must pursue a degree in science or humanities.
- Applicants must submit via UNCF’s online scholarship application portal by July 1, 2021. All parts of the application must be completed and submitted by the deadline.
- One letter of recommendation from a non-family member
- Essay – Applicants must submit a one-page personal statement online, regarding the student’s career goal interest.
Letter of Recommendation Guidance
- One letter of recommendation (LOR) is required to complete this application. The recommender must not be a family member / relative. The LOR must be made through the UNCF online Application System and must be received by the application due date. Emailed LORs will not be accepted.
- Applicants should give the recommender ample time to complete the LOR by entering all recommender information (name and email) as early as possible. The recommender will be sent automated instructions at the email address provided to submit the LOR in the Applicant System. Applicants will receive "Invite References" reminders until a recommender is invited.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Applicants who have submitted complete applications will be notified of scholarship decisions within 8 weeks after the application due date.
An Eleanor Prescod Memorial Scholarship recipient may be eligible for a one-time renewal if the:
- Scholar has a minimum 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale.
- Scholar files a FAFSA for each academic year and continues to have demonstrated unmet need verified by the student's college or university's financial aid office.
- Scholar continues to be enrolled full-time in a science or humanities degree program.
Please direct any questions to Mrs. Neal (Terri.Neal@UNCF.ORG)