The Alfred Street Baptist Church was established in 1803. Alfred Street Baptist Church is home to the oldest and largest African American congregation in Alexandria, Va. Over the years, Alfred Street has become a leader among churches and serves as a prominent religious, educational, and cultural organization in the Northern Virginia community. With nearly 10,000 members, Alfred Street continues a legacy of worldwide leadership as it strives to Make Disciples to Win the World for Christ.
In partnership with UNCF, The Alfred Street Baptist Church will provide (88) need-based scholarships to HBCU college undergraduate and graduate students who express a financial need.
Applications for The Alfred Street Baptist Church must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Have a minimum 2.5 grade point average on a 4.0 scale
- Complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Have demonstrated an unmet need verified by their college or university
- Enrolled full-time as a degree seeking student attending any UNCF member institution or any HBCU
- Be a citizen, national, or permanent resident of the U.S.
- Online application
- Current academic transcript
Scholars will be selected based on academic performance, financial need, community service hours and leadership/honors and awards.
Applications who have submitted complete applications will be notified of the scholarship decisions within 12 weeks of the application closing date.
You may contact the program manager directly, via email, DeAndre’ Elerson (email@example.com).