The KAT Team Foundation has decided to provide 4 scholarships to graduating high school seniors who have been accepted at any accredited four-year institution.
This scholarship opportunity will provide a renewable award of up to $1,000.00 for 4 years beginning during the 2018-2019 academic school year
- Be a graduating high school senior who has been accepted at any accredited four-year institution
- Be entering your freshmen year of college during the 2018-2019 academic school year
- Complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (“FAFSA”) form
- Have a demonstrated unmet, financial need verified by the university financial aid department
- Candidates who possess a minimum cumulative gpa of 2.8, 1 recipient will be awarded
- Candidates who possess a minimum cumulative 3.2 gpa and participated in a varsity athletic sport throughout their secondary school years, 1 recipient will be awarded
- Candidates who possess a minimum cumulative 3.5 gpa, 2 recipients will be awarded
- Complete the student online application
- One-page personal statement of career interest and leadership within their community
- Current transcript (unofficial or official)
- Student-Athlete Applicants: One (1) letter of recommendation from a Counselor or Principle, and one (1) letter of recommendation from a Coach or Athletic Director
- Non Student-Athletes Applicants: One (1) letter of recommendation from a Counselor or Principle, and one (1) letter of recommendation from a Teacher
To renew the scholarship you must:
- Maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Be enrolled at an accredited, four-year institution
- Continued demonstrated unmet financial need as verified by college/university
- Complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (“FAFSA”) form annually
Please Note the Following Guidelines on "How to Invite Reference/Recommender?"
Two letters of recommendations are required for a complete application. The recommender must not be related to you. The recommendation form must be submitted before or by the deadline.
In order to give your recommender the maximum amount of time to submit his/her recommendation, you should enter all information for your recommender (name and e-mail) as early as possible. This Application System will remind you to "Invite References" until your recommender has been invited. This generates an e-mail to your recommender notifying him/her of your application and request for his/her recommendation. For assistance with reference, please see the attached supporting document to the right.
If you have any questions, please email Jeff Darden II