The Ladders of Hope Scholarship Program has decided to provide scholarships to current High School Seniors who will be attending a UNCF member institution full-time. A listing of UNCF member schools can be located at https://uncf.org/member-colleges.
This scholarship opportunity will provide a renewable award of up to $5,000.00 for 4 years beginning during the 2022-2023 academic school year.
1. Be a Black/African-American high school senior who will be attending a UNCF member institution during fall semester 2022. A listing of UNCF member institutions can be located at https://uncf.org/member-colleges.
2. Possess grade point average of 2.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
3. Complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (“FAFSA”) form.
4. Have a demonstrated, unmet need as verified by their college or university; and
5. Be a permanent resident of South Los Angeles, residing in on of the following zip codes: 90001, 90002, 90003, 90007, 90008, 90011, 90016, 90018, 90037, 90043, 90044, 90047, 90059, 90061, 90062, 90220, 90222, 90248, 90301, 90302, 90303, 90304, 90305.
1. Applicants must submit via UNCF’s online scholarship application portal by June 30, 2022. All parts of the application must be completed and submitted by the deadline.
2. Essay answering the question, “How will you use your education to make South Los Angeles an even better community?”.
3. One (1) letter of recommendation.
1. Maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.
2. Continue to be enrolled as a full-time student in good academic and personal standing at a UNCF member institution.
3. Continued demonstrated unmet financial need as verified by college/university.
4. Complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (“FAFSA”) form annually.
- One letter of recommendation (LOR) is required to complete this application. The recommender must not be a family member / relative. The LOR must be made through the UNCF online Application System and must be received by the application due date. Emailed LORs will not be accepted.
- Applicants should give the recommender ample time to complete the LOR by entering all recommender information (name and email) as early as possible. The recommender will be sent automated instructions at the email address provided to submit the LOR in the Applicant System. Applicants will receive "Invite References" reminders until a recommender is invited.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Applicants who have submitted complete applications will be notified of scholarship decisions about 8 weeks after the application due date.
If you have any questions, please email Marissa Simms @ email@example.com.