Deadline Extended: June 1, 2015
The deadline for this program has been extended to June 1, 2015, at 11:59pm. Please submit your completed application to include recommenders and relevant attachments before that time.
INTERESTED IN ENTREPRENEURSHIP, INNOVATION or ECONOMICS?
WANT TO BE an ENTREPRENEUR, INNOVATOR OR ECONOMIST?
UNCF/KOCH SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
The UNCF/Koch Scholars Program (UKSP) is designed to teach students how to develop and apply an entrepreneurial mindset by exploring how the study of entrepreneurship, innovation and economics contribute to well being for individuals, communities and societies.
Students, who are competitively selected to participate in this program, will receive:
* Scholarship Support of up to $5,000/Year
* Exclusive Access to an Online Learning Community About Entrepreneurship, Innovation and Economics
* Mentoring Opportunities and Networking Access
To Apply for a UKSP Undergraduate Scholarship, an Applicant Must Be:
* Applying to, Admitted to, or Enrolled in an Eligible Full-Time Four-Year College or University, See Important Note Below**
* Pursuing One of the Seven Eligible Disciplines: (a) Accounting, (b) Business, (c) Economics, (d) Engineering, (e) History, (f) Philosophy or (g) Political Science. Reference Supporting Documents to Verify Your School and Major Eligibility. See Important Note Below.**
* A High School Senior with a Cumulative 3.0 GPA
* A Citizen or Permanent Resident of the United States
* Committed to Learning about How Entrepreneurship, Innovation and Economics Contribute to Well-Being through Participation in an Online Community and Annual Summit.
**Important Note About School and Major Eligibility: SCROLL DOWN, view the Supporting Documents section, click the UKSP Eligible Institutions and Majors document in order to view this program's eligible schools and corresponding eligible majors. This document will help students determine if they are eligible to apply for this scholarship and program opportunity.
All required fields, including six essays must be completed in the Student Application.
Student Application Requires Two Uploads/Attachment:
* High School Transcript
* Student Aid Report
Note: A copy of your entire Student Aid Report (SAR). This mufti-page document will be made available to you upon completion of your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or will be available online if you filed electronically. NOTE: Please submit all pages, including explanatory notes. Incomplete reports cannot be considered.
In Addition to Completing the Student Application, the Following Must be Done:
* Obtain Three References
Please Note the Following Guidelines on "How toInvite References/Recommenders?"
Recommendations from three individuals are required for a complete application. Recommenders must not be related to you. All three Recommendation Forms must be submitted before or by the deadline.
In order to give recommenders the maximum amount of time to submit their recommendations, you should enter all information for your recommenders (name and e-mail) as early as possible. This Application System will remind you to "Invite References" until you have invited all your necessary references. This generates an e-mail to each recommender notifying them of your application and request for their recommendation. Your recommenders should log on to the website and register as a reference using the invitation code and information contained in the e-mail, then cut and paste a letter of recommendation for you into the Essay text box.
If you have any questions regarding this opportunity, feel free to e-mail us at email@example.com or call us at (202) 810-0313.