G-III Apparel Group is a global leader in fashion, bringing an innovative approach to the world's most iconic brands. In partnership with UNCF, G-III has developed the G-III Apparel Group Scholarship Program to provide need-based scholarships to African American college sophomores majoring in business-related disciplines. Awardees will each receive an academic scholarship of up to $10,000.00, and a limited opportunity to participate in a G-III paid internship program during the summer of 2021.
Scholarship finalists may have their contact information shared with G-III Apparel Group to discuss future internship opportunities.
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Be African-American/Black.
- Have completed a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for the 2020-2021 academic year.
- Have a demonstrated unmet financial need.
- Be classified as a second-semester college sophomore by the application closing date, and enrolled full-time in any UNCF member institution or other accredited HBCU.
- Be pursuing a bachelor’s degree in a business-related discipline.
Applications must be submitted online by the due date, and must include:
- A current academic transcript.
- A 1-page essay.
- One letter of recommendation from a college professor or community leader.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Applicants who have submitted complete applications will be notified of scholarship decisions by March 31, 2021.
The applicant must submit a thoughtful 250-500 word essay that responds to the question: What is something you want to share about yourself that is not on your resume?
Letter of Recommendation Guidance
One letter of recommendation (LOR) is required to complete this application. The recommender must not be a friend or relative of the applicant. The LOR must be made through the online Applicant System, and must be received by the application closing date. Emailed LORs will not be accepted at any time.
Once the applicant has entered the recommender's name and email address in the Applicant System, recommenders will be sent automated instructions for submitting an LOR. Recommenders who have not received automated instructions should download the How to Write a Reference Without an Invitation document on the right side of this page for guidance. Applicants will receive "Invite Reference" reminders until a recommender is invited.
Please email Brandi Williams with any questions about this scholarship.