Procter & Gamble’s leading tampon brand, Tampax, believes that knowledge is power, the need for education is limitless, and everyone has a right to know their own body. Through the Flow It Forward project, Tampax is on a mission to end the misinformation surrounding health and period care, and ensure equal representation and access to medical resources – starting with the Flow It Forward Scholarship Program, which was created to support the next generation of Black female doctors and healthcare professionals. To learn more about Tampax Flow It Forward, please visit https://tampax.com/en-us/flow-forward.
Developed in partnership with UNCF, the Flow It Forward Scholarship Program will provide scholarships of up to $10,000 to Black college juniors who attend an HBCU and are pursuing careers in healthcare. The scholarship may be renewed in the senior year for awardees who continue to meet eligibility requirements. The 2021 Flow It Forward Scholarship will be awarded for the 2021-2022 academic year.
- Be African American/Black, and a US citizen or legal resident.
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.5 on a 4.0 scale.
- Be enrolled full-time as a college junior for the 2021-2022 academic year at any accredited 4-year HBCU.
- Have a commitment to community service in the health sector, a desire to specialize in any medical field that impacts women's health, and a focus on the health of the Black community.
- Participate in (1) one service project or event, at any time between June 2020 - May 2021, that benefits an underserved demographic of people with periods.
- Have completed the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and have a demonstrated unmet financial need, as verified by the applicant’s institution.
Application Must Include:
- An official or unofficial current academic transcript.
- An essay which describes the applicant's service project/event and demonstrates the applicant's commitment to the health of the Black community (see application for details).
- One letter of recommendation from a faculty member, advisor, or professor who supervised, led, or participated in the applicant's service project/event.
Selected awardees will have their contact information shared with Procter & Gamble for ongoing communication and participation in the Flow It Forward Scholarship Program.
Letter of Recommendation Troubleshooting
Applicants will invite references during the application process, and should also email the How to Submit a Letter of Recommendation document (download link on the right of this page) to their reference for additional guidance. Emailed letters of recommendation to UNCF will not be accepted at any time.
Applicants who have submitted complete applications will be notified of scholarship decisions by October 31, 2021. Please contact Brandi Williams with questions about this scholarship that have not been answered above.