The Coca-Cola First generation scholarship provides renewable awards up to $5,000 to students who are first in their families to attend college. Restrictions for this program is limited to full time matriculation at one of UNCF's 37 member institutions, with the exclusion of; Spelman College, Morehouse College, Clark Atlanta University or the Interdenominational Theological Center.
In order to be considered for an award, applicants must meet the eligibility criteria as described below:
- For the current academic year of 2020-2021, students must be an undergraduate or graduate student enrolled full-time at a UNCF member college or university, with the exclusion of; Spelman College, Morehouse College, Clark Atlanta University or the Interdenominational Theological Center.
- Students must be first in their family to attend 4 year college or university,
- Students must have a demonstrated unmet, financial need as verified by their college or university (Required for need based program).
- Students must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
Scholarships are renewable* for up to 3-years concluding in the academic year 2022-2023, if a student continues to meet the above eligibility criteria.
- *RENEWABLE - Continuing students falling below the required minimum GPA of 3.0 are placed on academic probation for one semester. Students failing to re-establish and meet at least the minimum GPA, are subject to suspension or replacement.
- *RENEWAL Scholars - Do not re-apply; this application is used to identify NEW Scholars.
For questions please email Terri Neal at Terri.Neal@UNCF.org