The Action for Inclusivity Scholarship Program was created to provide need-based scholarships to Black/African American sophomore and junior students who are enrolled full-time at accredited four-year colleges and universities, and community colleges.
Application Criteria Requirement
- Be Black/African American
- Possess a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (“FAFSA”) form.
- Have a demonstrated, unmet financial need as verified by the applicant’s college or university.
- Be enrolled full-time as a sophomore or junior attending any U.S located, accredited four-year or two-year college or university
Major & Regional Requirements
- A segment of the scholarship awards will be reserved for students pursuing an agriculture - focused major and/or strong desire to pursue a career in agriculture.
- A segment of the scholarship awards will be reserved for students from New York State or the Sun Prairie region of Wisconsin with majors in computer science, management information systems, data and analytics, other engineering degrees, business management or students interested in a career in IT.
- A segment of the scholarship awards will be reserved for students from the Dallas, Atlanta, Sun Prairie, New York, and Chicago regions with majors in risk management, business, economics, pre-law, finance, insurance, math, statistics, data science, and actuarial science with an interest in insurance.
Students shall submit an online application for the program complete with:
- A 500-word essay addressing the question, “Innovation and the discovery of new perspectives arise when people from various backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives come together. How will your experiences contribute to inclusion in the work environment?”
- A current transcript.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Students who submit complete applications will be notified of scholarship decisions within 12 weeks after the application due date.
Selected students will receive a need-based scholarship up to $5,000.00, during the 2022-2023 school year.
All application materials must be received by the application deadline of September 8th, 2022. If you have questions regarding this scholarship, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.