VWGoA/UNCF Corporate Scholars Program
The VWGoA/UNCF Corporate Scholars Program, sponsored in partnership with Volkswagen Group of America, Inc., is seeking full-time enrolled juniors attending a Historically Black College or University (HBCU) majoring in business, computer science, marketing, information technology and engineering, whose college experience demonstrates community service, leadership and analytical ability during their college career. Candidates will be selected to intern for summer 2023 in various locations throughout the United States. Tentative program dates: May 31 - August 11, 2023.
* Paid 2023 summer internship with Volkswagen Group of America, Inc.
* Participation in the UNCF Career Readiness and Leadership Training Online Program
* Opportunity to be selected for a Merit-Based Scholarship in the amount of $11,500 during senior year.
Please note the scholarship is contingent upon the successful completion of the summer internship.
* Opportunity to apply to the VWGoA’s Graduate Analyst Program and other career opportunities post-graduation
* Participation in the UNCF Student Leadership Conference (SLC)
The UNCF Student Leadership Conference (SLC) is a three-day professional development and leadership conference prior to the start of their internship. SLC provides a professional development and workshop training to equip students with the skill sets that they need to be successful interns and early career professionals.
All qualified participants of the VWGoA/UNCF Corporate Scholars Program must meet the following eligibility requirements:
* Identify as African American, be a full-time junior enrolled at an accredited, four-year public or private HBCU (must be junior at time of application)
* Maintain minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
* Be an U.S. citizen
* Major in business, computer science, marketing, information technology and engineering at the undergraduate level.
Student applicants must submit an online application, complete with a one-page personal statement of career goals that addresses why they want to be a part of the VWGoA/UNCF Corporate Scholars Program and their interest in an internship with VWGoA. Additionally, applicants should also include extracurricular activities, honors and awards, community service and interests within and outside of their major. Students are required to submit a current resume and transcript.
For more information, contact: Jamese Carrell at Jcarrell@uncf.org