Thanks to AFLAC’s generosity, funds granted for the UNCF /AFLAC Scholarship Program will ensure that deserving students are afforded the opportunity to earn a college degree. The scholarship will provide eight undergraduate Georgia students with scholarships up to $3,000.00.
* Possess a minimum cumulative weighted grade point average of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.
* Complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (“FAFSA”) form.
* Demonstrated unmet, financial need as verified by their college or university.
* Be a permanent resident of Columbus, GA, including the following zip codes: 31801, 31808, 31820, 31829, 31901, 31902, 31903, 31904, 31905, 31906, 31907, 31908, 31909, 31914, 31917, 31993, 31994, 31995, 31997, 31998, 31999.
* Be currently classified as 1st year, 2nd year, 3rd year, 4th year, or 5th year undergraduate and enrolled full-time at a UNCF member institution, a four-year accredited HBCU, or any four-year college or university at time of application.
* Application must be completed and submitted via UNCF’s online scholarship application portal by October 19, 2022.
* Write a one-page essay providing a personal statement of career interest (see application for details);
*Upload an official or unofficial current academic transcript.
* All application materials must be received by the deadline, October 19, 2022.
Applicants who have submitted complete applications will be notified of scholarship decisions within 8 weeks after the application closing date.
For account login issues, call a UNCF representative at 202-810-0258 Monday to Friday, 9 AM to 5 PM EST.
For scholarship application questions, contact Martha Bryant (email@example.com).