The TCU Foundation was established to support the Teacher’s Credit Union’s (TCU) vision of partnering with their communities to help achieve financial success. Offering their talent, time, and treasure to African American organizations within the community, the TCU Foundation, in partnership with UNCF, has established the Teachers Credit Union Scholarship.
This scholarship opportunity is open to incoming freshman, rising sophomores, juniors, and seniors who reside in or is a permanent resident of the state of Indiana and will be attending a UNCF member institution, other HBCU or an accredited four-year institution.
Scholarship recipients will receive a one-time $4,400 need-based scholarship for the 2021-2022 academic year.
Preference shall be given to applicants who are permanent residents of South Bend, Indiana.
- * Have a required minimum GPA of 2.50 on a 4.0 scale.
- * Complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (“FAFSA”) form.
- * Have a demonstrated unmet financial need as verified by their college or university.
- * Be an incoming freshman, rising sophomore, rising junior, or a rising senior.
- * Be enrolled at any UNCF member institution, other HBCU or an accredited four-year institution.
- * Reside or be a permanent resident of the state of Indiana.
- * Submit one letter of recommendation from a non-relative.
- * A one-page essay. (see application for details)
- * An official or unofficial current academic transcript.
Letter of Recommendation Guidance
One letter of recommendation (LOR) is required to complete this application. The recommender must be a non-relative. The LOR must be made through the online Applicant System and must be received by the application due date. Emailed LORs will not be accepted.
Applicants should give the recommender ample time to complete the LOR by entering all recommender information (name and email) as early as possible. The recommender will be sent automated instructions at the email address provided to submit the LOR in the Applicant System. Applicants will receive "Invite References" reminders until a recommender is invited.
Applicants who have submitted complete applications will be notified of scholarship decisions within 8 weeks after the application closing date.
If you have questions about this scholarship, contact Angela Mobley (email@example.com).