LIGHTED PATHWAYS SCHOLARSHIP & INTERNSHIP PROGRAM DESCRIPTION
Light a pathway to a successful future working as an investment, asset, or financial manager! This opportunity is both a scholarship AND paid internship that exposes African American students to careers in finance and asset management in Boston. This opportunity has two components: a scholarship and an internship. By applying for this scholarship, you are also committing to a potential summer internship placement in summer 2023 that will include complimentary housing, transportation, a meal plan, and other wrap-around services.
To be eligible for this opportunity, you are required to complete the following:
- Attend all four summer series webinars (scheduled for June 2022),
- Complete the required professional development coaching sessions (scheduled for July and August 2022),
- Participate in the interviews at your assigned companies (scheduled for September and October 2022),
- Selected Summer interns must attend the UNCF Student Leadership Conference in May 2023, and
- Complete a Summer Internship in the Boston area(Including transportation, housing, meal plan, and other wrap-around services).
Please note, the donors who made this program possible will also be the possible internship placement sites.
Students who apply must be:
- Current Freshman or Sophomores;
- Have a 2.7 GPA or higher,
- Enrolled at an accredited Four-Year college or university; and
- African-American/Identify as African-American.
- All majors are eligible, with a preference for Business, Finance, Computer Science, Engineering, or Math majors.
This will be a merit-based scholarship split into two payments over the 2022-2023 academic year and will be based on academic eligibility.
- Fall Semester 2022- $1250
- Spring Semester 2023- $1250
- Complete Eligibility Questions
- Submit Unofficial Transcript and Updated Resume
- Share Leadership Roles
- Shared Employment History
- Complete Two (2) Essays - 100 Words Maximum
The application deadline is May 2, 2022. If you have any questions regarding your application, please email us.
Please note: your classification during the application process is for the 2022-2023 academic year and it must be a current college freshman or sophomore. No high school graduating, or graduated seniors (class of 2022) are eligible.
List of 2021- 2022 Participating Companies:
Pioneering & Presenting Sponsors: Adage Capital Management, L.P., Fidelity, and Wellington Management
Champion Sponsors: Abry Partners, Baupost, Morgan Stanley/Eaton Vance and State Street.
Industry/Corporate Partners: Breckinridge Capital Advisors, Cambridge Associates, Citizens Bank, Forester Capital, GMO, Income Research + Management, JLL, JP Morgan Chase, MFS Investment Management, Payden & Rygel, RBC Global Asset Management and Sentinel Dome Partners
Corporate Supporters: Acadian Asset Management, Boston Trust Walden, Cambridge Trust, CIBC Wealth Management, Eastern Bank, Geode Capital, Loomis, Sayles & Company, Massachusetts Financial Services, MIT Investment Management, Prime Buchholz LLC, and Westfield Capital Management L.P