Willma H Davis has partnered with UNCF to establish a scholarship to encourage minority female students to pursue a future career in the STEM fields. Candidates must be classified as sophomore, junior, or senior in the Fall of 2017 and attend a UNCF member institution. Preference will be given to students from Massachusetts, although all eligible students are encouraged to apply.
Completed applications include (all prompts and instructions found within body of application):
* most recent transcript (unofficial accepted)
* essay of at least 400 words
* unmet financial need (verified with school upon final selection)
* reference form
Eligibility criteria includes:
* 3.0 GPA or higher;
* majoring in a STEM Field (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics);
* hold a classification of college sophomore, college junior, or college senior in Fall 2017;and
* full time enrollment at a UNCF member school.
Preference will be given to students from Massachusetts, but program is open to all US residents
A one time award up to $5,000 will be awarded for the 2017-18 academic year in August.
please note: your classification during the application process is for the academic year 2016-17 and it must be college freshman, sophomore or junior. No high school seniors (class of 2017) are eligible.
Please email your all questions to Kenya Gray.