The scholarship application period for this program has closed, so you cannot apply at this time.Preview Forms
Developed in partnership with UNCF, the Wells Fargo San Francisco Bay Area Scholars Program will provide merit-based scholarships to African American undergraduate and graduate college students who attend any HBCU, and are permanent residents of one of the nine (9) San Francisco Bay Area counties. All majors are welcome! Scholarship funds will be awarded in the 2022-2023 academic year.
- Be African American/Black.
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Be a permanent resident of any of the following nine (9) San Francisco Bay Area counties in California: Alameda (including the city of Oakland), Contra Costa, Marin, Napa, San Francisco, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Solano, or Sonoma.
- Be enrolled full-time as an undergraduate or graduate student at any UNCF Member Institition or other HBCU for the 2022-2023 academic year. This scholarship is not open to current high school seniors.
- An official or unofficial current academic transcript.
- A 1-page essay (see application for details).
Additional Scholarship Information
- UNCF will contact selected finalists’ institutions to verify their eligibility. Applicants who do not meet all listed eligibility and application requirements should not apply.
- Application materials will not be accepted via email at any time.
- If selected, scholarship funds will be disbursed directly to the recipient’s institution.
- For login, password, or other account issues, please contact 202-810-0258 or firstname.lastname@example.org from 9am-5pm ET.
- Scholarship decisions will be emailed to applicants within 12 weeks of the application deadline.
- Questions about this scholarship that have not been answered above may be submitted to the program manager, Brandi Williams, at email@example.com.