PAID INTERNSHIP DESCRIPTION:
Light a pathway to a successful future working as an investment, asset, or financial manager! Apply to this internship opportunity which will expose interested African-American students to career opportunities in the financial field in the Boston, Massachusetts area.
This opportunity has been broken into two parts: a scholarship and an internship. Both are available on the scholarships.uncf.org website. You may apply to both.
YOU ARE CURRENTLY APPLYING TO THE LIGHTED PATHWAYS INTERNSHIP ONLY.
In order to be eligible for this opportunity, you must:
- Attend Four Summer Series Webinars which start June 30, 2021,
- Demonstrate your understanding of the material through an automated assessment, and
- Attend the Lighted Pathways Virtual Summit on November 6, 2021.
Student applicants must attend orientation and also four of the Summer Series Workshops. The CFA Society Sessions are mandatory and will be hosted July 14 and July 28, 2021. Sessions will take place 5:00PM - 6:00PM EST. Here are the dates:
- June 30, 2021 - Orientation - MANDATORY
- July 7, 2021 - Conflict Resolution in the Workplace -
- July 14, 2021 - What is Investment Management (CFA) - MANDATORY
- July 21, 2021 - Career Planning Masterclass
- July 28, 2021 - Why Investment Management is Important (CFA) - MANDATORY
- August 4, 2021 - Resume Writing & Interview Skills Workshop
Again, you must attend four sessions, but the CFA Society Sessions are mandatory.
Students who apply must be:
- Rising Sophomores or Rising Juniors,
- Have a 2.7 GPA or higher,
- Enrolled at a Four Year Institution; and
- African-American/Identify as African-American.
- Internship virtual interviews to be held on Saturday, November 6, 2021
- Internships to be held in Boston, MA during Summer, 2022
- Complete Eligibility Questions
- Submit Unofficial Transcript
- Upload Professional Resume
The application deadline is June 15, 2021. If you have any questions regarding your application, please reach out to Kezia M. Williams at email@example.com.
DONORS FOR THE PROGRAM INCLUDE:
Pioneering & Presenting Sponsors:
Adage Capital Management, L.P. and Wellington Management
Abry Partners and Morgan Stanley/Eaton Vance
Breckinridge Capital Advisors, Cambridge Associates, Citizens Bank, Forester Capital, GMO, JLL, JP Morgan Chase, Income Research & Management, Payden & Rygel, RBC Global Asset Management, Inc, and Sentinel Dome Partners
Boston Trust Walden, Cambridge Trust, Eastern Bank, MIT Investment Management, Prime Buchholz LLC, and Westfield Capital Management L.P