The BD Scholarship was established by Becton, Dickinson and Company in partnership with UNCF to provide a merit scholarship to current freshman, sophomores, and juniors who are enrolled full time at any UNCF member institutions, other HBCUs or any accredited four-year college or university in the 2021-2022 academic year.
Applicants for the BD Scholarship program must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Posses a cumulative grade point average of a 2.8 on a 4.0 scale.
- U.S. citizen, U.S. national, or permanent resident.
- Students must be residents of the following states: New Jersey, Rhode Island, Maryland, Illinois, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, California, Utah, Arizona, Texas, or Nebraska.
- Enrolled full-time as a college freshman, sophomore, or junior at the time of the application at any UNCF member institutions, other HBCUS or any accredited four-year college or university.
- Major in one of the following academic disciplines/area of study: communications, computer science, biomedical engineering, chemical engineering, life sciences, microbiology, finance, global health, nursing, science technology, or sociology.
For BD Scholarship award consideration, applicants must submit the online application complete with the following required application materials by the application due date of February 1, 2022.
- A letter of recommendation.
- A 500 word essay on personal statement of career interest.
- Current transcript.
Letter of Recommendation/Reference
A letter of recommendation is optional to complete this application. The recommender should be a non-relative. The letter of recommendation needs to be completed through the online application system by the application due date of February 1, 2022. Emailed letters of recommendation will not be accepted.
Applicants should give the recommender ample time to complete the letter of recommendation by entering all recommender information (name and email address) as early as possible. The recommender will be sent automated instructions at the email address provided to submit the letter of recommendation in the Application System.
Applicants will receive an "Invite References" reminder, until a recommender is invited.
Selected finalists will receive a $10,000 one time merit scholarship award in the academic year of 2021-2022.
For more information/questions, please email Wayne Wilson at firstname.lastname@example.org