Light a pathway to a successful future working as an investment, asset, or financial manager! This scholarship opportunity hopes to expose interested African-American students to finance professions, asset management, and careers in the Boston, Massachusetts area.
This opportunity has been broken into two parts: a scholarship and an internship. You may apply to both here.
YOU ARE CURRENTLY APPLYING TO THE LIGHTED PATHWAYS SCHOLARSHIP ONLY.
In order to be eligible for this opportunity, you must:
- Attend Four Summer Series Webinars which start June 30, 2021,
- Demonstrate your understanding of the material through an automated assessment, and
- Attend the Lighted Pathways Virtual Summit on November 6, 2021.
Student applicants must attend orientation and also four of the Summer Series Workshops. The CFA Society Sessions are mandatory. The sessions will take place 5:00PM - 6:00PM EST. Here are the dates.
- June 30, 2021 - Orientation - MANDATORY
- July 7, 2021 - Conflict Resolution in the Workplace
- July 14, 2021 - What is Investment Management (CFA) - MANDATORY
- July 21, 2021 - Career Planning Masterclass
- July 28, 2021 - Why is Investment Management Important (CFA) - MANDATORY
- August 4, 2021 - Resume Writing & Interview Skills Workshop
Again, you must attend four sessions, but the CFA Society Sessions are mandatory.
Donors who made this program possible are listed below.
Students who apply must be:
- Rising Sophomores or Rising Juniors;
- Have a 2.7 GPA or higher,
- Enrolled at a Four Year Institution; and
- African-American/Identify as African-American.
Scholarships will be split into two payments during the academic year and will be based on financial and academic eligibility.
- Fall Semester 2021- $2500
- Spring Semester 2022 - $2500
- Complete Eligibility Questions
- Submit Unofficial Transcript
- Share Leadership Roles
- Shared Employment History
- Complete Three (3) Essays - 100 Words Maximum
The application deadline is June 15, 2021. If you have any questions regarding your application, please email us.
Please note: your classification during the application process is for the academic year 2020-2021 and it must be college freshman or sophomore. No high school seniors (class of 2021) are eligible.
DONORS FOR THE PROGRAM INCLUDE:
Pioneering & Presenting Sponsors:
Adage Capital Management, L.P. and Wellington Management
Abry Partners and Morgan Stanley/Eaton Vance
Breckinridge Capital Advisors, Cambridge Associates, Citizens Bank, Forester Capital, GMO, JLL, JP Morgan Chase, Income Research & Management, Payden & Rygel, RBC Global Asset Management, Inc, and Sentinel Dome Partners
Boston Trust Walden, Cambridge Trust, Eastern Bank, MIT Investment Management, Prime Buchholz LLC, and Westfield Capital Management L.P