Students must be enrolled in the Commonwealth Commitment program, which is part of MassTransfer. Use the Commonwealth Commitment Participation Form link to download, complete and attach the Commonwealth Commitment application. Also, visit the MassTransfer web site to learn more about program and transfer options: www.mass.edu/macomcom/
At the time of application completion; the student must be:
* A current freshman or sophomore enrolled full-time at a Community College in Massachusetts for the 2017-2018 academic school year.
* Enrolled as a full-time (at least 12 credits) first or second year student at a Community College within the state of Massachusetts for the 2017-2018 academic school year & also planning to transfer to a State University or to the University of Massachusetts.
* Students must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
* Students must have a demonstrated unmet, financial need as verified by their college (Pell-eligible)
* Students must sign up for the Commonwealth Commitment program before earning their first 15 credits at a Community College, and must identify at least one, preferably two, public four-year institutions (State University or University of Massachusetts institutions) that they would like to transfer to
* Students must be a U.S. citizen, U.S. Nationals or Permanent Residents
To complete this application you will need the following:
* 1-page Personal Statement of career interest and goals
* Copy of current transcript
*Downloand, complete and attach the Commonwealth Commitment program application. Commonwealth Commitment Participation Form
* Optional One (1) letter of recommendation
Liberty Mutual Insurance Company:
Liberty Mutual Insurance (www.LibertyMutualInsurance.com) helps people preserve and protect what they earn, build, own and cherish. In business since 1912 and headquartered in Boston, MA; today, Liberty Mutual is a diversified insurer with operations in 30 countries and economies around the world. Liberty Mutual is ranked 73rd on the Fortune 100 list of largest corporations in the U.S. based on 2015 revenue. Liberty Mutual employs more than 50,000 people in over 800 offices throughout the world.
Liberty Mutual Insurance is proud to offer the Liberty Mutual Insurance LEADA@Liberty Scholarship for students enrolled in Massachusetts’ Commonwealth Commitment program. LEADA@Liberty + Allies — Liberty Employees of African Descent and Allies fosters building, growing and learning together with ongoing support and professional development for employees of African descent and their allies.
About the Commonwealth Commitment Program (through MassTransfer):
The Commonwealth Commitment is an innovative college affordability and completion plan to help more Massachusetts students achieve the dream of a college degree.
Championed by Governor Charlie Baker, the plan commits Massachusetts public colleges and universities to providing a series of financial incentives to students who begin their studies at one of 15 community colleges, earn an associate degree within two and a half years, and then transfer to a state university or University of Massachusetts campus to earn a baccalaureate degree. Students agree to attend college full-time and maintain a 3.0 GPA in return, they receive a freeze on tuition and fees, a 10% rebate at the end of each successfully completed semester, and a full MassTransfer tuition waiver in their third and fourth years at a university. Students who meet the program requirements will, depending on the transfer pathway and institutions they choose to attend, save an average 40% off the cost of a traditional bachelor’s degree. In fall, 2017, students will be able to choose from among more than 30 degree programs, including popular programs at the specialty schools, the Massachusetts College
Please contact Jeff Darden II if you have any questions.