The Black Winemakers Scholarship Program is a merit-based scholarship to support full-time, African American sophomores, juniors, seniors or graduate students (MS and/or Ph.D.) attending any U.S. accredited, four-year or graduate college or university during the Spring of 2022. Candidates must meet the following criteria to be considered for this scholarship program:
1. Possess a minimum, cumulative grade point average of 3.2 on a 4.0 scale.
2. Be African American.
3. Reside as a U.S. Citizen or be a permanent resident of the United States.
4. Be enrolled full-time as a sophomore, junior, senior, or graduate student (MS and/or Ph.D.) attending any U.S. accredited four-year or graduate college or university in the Spring of 2022.
5. Be an undergraduate majoring in viticulture or enology or a graduate student pursuing an advanced degree in one of the following fields of agriculture and environmental chemistry, chemical engineering, ecology, food science, integrative genetics & genomics, horticulture & agronomy, microbiology, plant pathology, soils & biogeochemistry, or viticulture.
1. Complete and submit an online application via the the UNCF platform.
2. Submit a one-page essay on the topic "How I Will Improve Diversity in the Wine Industry."
3. A current resume
4. An official or unoffical transcipt
5. A letter of reccomendation from a faculty member may be submitted but is OPTIONAL. It is now a requirement for the application.
Letter of Reccomendation Guidance
1. The recommender must not be a family member / relative. The LOR must be made through the UNCF online Application System and must be received by the application due date. Emailed LORs will not be accepted.
2. Applicants should give the recommender ample time to complete the LOR by entering all recommender information (name and email) as early as possible. The recommender will be sent automated instructions at the email address provided to submit the LOR in the Applicant System. Applicants will receive "Invite References" reminders until a recommender is invited.
For further questions, contact Wayne Wilson at email@example.com