The UNCF Twin Cities HOPE Scholarship program provides scholarship opportunities for African-American students from the Twin Cities-Metro (Minneapolis/St. Paul area), restricted to these counties: Anoka, Carver, Chisago, Dakota, Goodhue, Hennepin, Isanti, McLeod, Ramsey, Rice, Scott, Sherume, Sterns, Washington and Wright.
Applicants for the UNCF Twin Cities HOPE Scholarship program must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale;
- Be an undergraduate (freshman through senior), enrolled full-time at an accredited, postsecondary institution at the time of application;
- Must be permanent resident of the Twin Cities-Metro (Minneapolis/St. Paul area), restricted to these counties: Anoka, Carver, Chisago, Dakota, Goodhue, Hennepin, Isanti, McLeod, Ramsey, Rice, Scott, Sherume, Sterns, Washington and Wright.
- Must be African-American.
For consideration, applicants must submit the online application complete with the following required application materials by the application due date of May 31, 2022.
- Current academic transcript.
- One letter of recommendation, optional.
- A 500-word essay outlining career aspirations, leadership experiences, and most significant achievements;
Letter of Recommendation/Reference
A letter of recommendation is required to complete this application. The recommender should be a non-relative. The letter of recommendation needs to be completed through the online application system by the application due date of May 31, 2022. Emailed letters of recommendation will not be accepted.
Applicants should give the recommender ample time to complete the letter of recommendation by entering all recommender information (name and email address) as early as possible. The recommender will be sent automated instructions at the email address provided to submit the letter of recommendation in the Application System.
Should the recommender not receive the automated instruction through their email address, they can follow the attached instructions, to the right hand side, under supporting documents, to write and submit the letter of recommendation.
Applicants will receive an "Invite References" reminder, until a recommender is invited.
Selected students will receive $7,500 merit-based scholarship for the spring 2022.
For additional questions, please contact Girmu Habte