In partnership with UNCF, Element Fleet has developed the UNCF Element Fleet Scholarship to provide need-based scholarships to African American college students who are interested in business- and business-related fields. This scholarship opportunity is open to students who are juniors and seniors in the fall of 2022 with priority given to applicants with majors (including but not limited to: accounting, business, human resources, finance, marketing, sales, supply chain management) that position them to apply to the Element Fleet internship in the summer of 2023.
Preference will be given to candidates who are attending school in the Baltimore, MD area who are interested in a summer internship* with Element Fleet Corporation.
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.5 on a 4.0 scale.
- Be African American and a US citizen or permanent resident.
- Have completed a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for the 2022-23 academic year.
- Have a demonstrated unmet financial need.
- Be currently classified as a college juniors or seniors for Fall 2022
- Full time enrollment in an accredited 4-year institution in the US.
Applications must be submitted online by the due date, and must include:
- A current academic transcript.
- A 1-page personal statement of career interest
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Applicants who have submitted complete applications will be notified of scholarship decisions within 8 weeks after the application due date.
Personal Statement Guidance
The applicant's personal statement must be a 400-600 words essay about how the applicant has overcome adversity and exemplifies the following behaviors:
- Being clear, collaborative, and forthright.
- Acting with integrity in all areas of their life.
- Showing a drive for continuous learning and development.
- Continuously challenging their assumptions and exploring new alternatives.
This scholarship will be disbursed in October 2022 for the 2022-23 academic year. *Housing for intership opportunity is not guaranteed.
For questions, please email Kenya Gray