In partnership with UNCF, Element Fleet has developed the UNCF Element Fleet Scholarship to provide need-based scholarships to African American college students who are interested in business- and business-related fields. This scholarship opportunity is open to students who will be juniors and seniors in the fall of 2021 with priority given to applicants with majors (including but not limited to: accounting, business, human resources, finance, marketing, sales, supply chain management). that position them to apply to the Element Fleet internship in the summer of 2022.
Preference will be given to students who attend schools in the Baltimore, MD metropolitan area.
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.5 on a 4.0 scale.
- Be African American and a US citizen or permanent resident.
- Have completed a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for the 2021-22 academic year.
- Have a demonstrated unmet financial need.
- Be currently classified as a college sophomore or juniors and enrolled in an accredited 4-year institution in the US.
Applications must be submitted online by the due date, and must include:
- A current academic transcript.
- A 1-page personal statement.
- One letter of recommendation from a faculty member or administrator.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Applicants who have submitted complete applications will be notified of scholarship decisions within 8 weeks after the application due date.
Personal Statement Guidance
The applicant's personal statement must be a 1-page (400-600 words) essay about how the applicant has overcome adversity and exemplifies the following behaviors:
- Being clear, collaborative, and forthright.
- Acting with integrity in all areas of their life.
- Showing a drive for continuous learning and development.
- Continuously challenging their assumptions and exploring new alternatives.
Letter of Recommendation Guidance
One letter of recommendation (LOR) is required to complete this application. The recommender must be a faculty member or administrator. The LOR must be made through the online Applicant System and must be received by the application due date. Emailed LORs will not be accepted.
Applicants should give the recommender ample time to complete the LOR by entering all recommender information (name and email) as early as possible. The recommender will be sent automated instructions at the email address provided to submit the LOR in the Applicant System. Applicants will receive "Invite References" reminders until a recommender is invited.
This scholarship will be disbursed in August 2021 for the 2021-2022 academic year.
For questions, please email Kenya Gray