DEADLINE EXTENDED TO AUGUST 22, 2022
AlixPartners is a results-driven global consulting firm that specializes in helping businesses successfully address their most complex and critical challenges when it really matters.
Developed in partnership with UNCF, the AlixPartners MBA Scholarship will provide a $10,000 merit-based scholarship to a first-year MBA student who graduated from a UNCF member institution or selected HBCU with a degree in accounting, analytics, business, engineering, finance, math, or technology. This one-time scholarship will be awarded for the 2022-2023 academic year. Applicant contact information and resume will be shared with the scholarship Grantor.
- Be African American/Black, and a US citizen or permanent resident.
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Have previously graduated with a bachelors degree in accounting, analytics, business, engineering, finance, math, or technology, from one of the following institutions:
- Any UNCF member institution; or
- Florida A&M University, Hampton University, Howard University, North Carolina A&T State University, and Tennessee State University.
- Will be enrolled for the 2022-2023 academic year as a full-time first-year master's student in an MBA program at one of the 32 business schools listed on the right side of this page.
- An official or unofficial current academic transcript showing bachelors degree completion.
- A 1-page essay (see application for details).
- A current resume.
- One letter of recommendation written by an employer.
Letter of Recommendation Instructions
Applicants must log in to their UNCF student account, go to the Application Status page, and select Invite Reference to invite a Reference to submit a recommendation. Applicants must check the Application Status page for recommendation status. Applicants should invite an alternate Reference if the first is unresponsive.
Because the "Invite Reference" feature may be blocked by the Reference's firewall, applicants should immediately email the How to Submit a Letter of Recommendation document to their Reference (the download link is on the right side of this page under “Supporting Documents”).
Additional Scholarship Information
- UNCF will contact finalists' institutions to verify their eligibility. Ineligible applicants cannot be awarded. Applicants who do not meet all listed eligibility and application requirements should not apply.
- Application materials, including letters of recommendation, will not be accepted via email.
- Unless specified above, scholarship funds will be disbursed directly to the recipient’s institution.
- For login, password, or other account issues, please contact 202-810-0258 or email@example.com from 9am-5pm EST.
- Scholarship decisions will be emailed to applicants within 12 weeks of the application deadline.
- Questions about this scholarship that have not been answered above may be submitted to Brandi Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org.