The Amyris Scholarship is directed towards academically achieving undergraduate and graduate students at any Historically Black College or University or any accredited four-year institutions within the United States. Amyris, Inc., a synthetic biotechnology company, operates in the clean health and beauty markets through its consumer brands and as a supplier of sustainable and natural ingredients ithroughout the international markets.
Amyris, Inc. has partnered with UNCF to establish the Amyris Scholarship Program. This scholarship is focused on providing financial assistance to ensure that students have access to a quality college education. The Amyris Scholarship will focus on the selected fields of business, engineering, technology, mathematics, science, biosciences and biotechnology. The candidates must be enrolled as an undergraduate or a graduate student within the 2021-22 Academic year. The eligble candidates must have maintained a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 at the time of this application.
- Must be African-American / Black
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Be a citizen, national, or permanent resident of the U.S.
- File a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (“FAFSA”) form.
- Have a demonstrated, unmet financial need as verified by their college or university.
- Plan to enroll as a full-time undergraduate or graduate level student at any UNCF member institution, any Historically Black College or University (HBCU), or any accredited four-year institutions within the United States.
- Must major in business, engineering, technology, mathematics, science, biosciences or biotechnology
For full award consideration, students must complete the online application by July 29, 2021.
- Applicants must submit via UNCF’s online scholarship application portal. All parts of the application must be completed and submitted by the deadline.
- Essay – Applicants must submit a one-page personal statement online, regarding the student’s career goals or interest.
- A current transcript.
- Submit one letter of recommendation from a non-family member.
Letter of Recommendation Guidance
One letter of recommendation (LOR) is required to complete this application. The recommender must be a non-relative. The LOR must be made through the online Applicant System and must be received by the application due date. Emailed LORs will not be accepted.
Applicants should give the recommender ample time to complete the LOR by entering all recommender information (name and email) as early as possible. The recommender will be sent automated instructions at the email address provided to submit the LOR in the Applicant System. Applicants will receive "Invite References" reminders until a recommender is invited.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Please contact William Dunham (William.Dunham@uncf.org) if you have questions or comments.