This scholarship program has been created to provide three merit-based scholarships in the amount of $3,000 for the 2021-2022 academic school year, to entering college freshmen who are members of a congregation which is in covenant with the American Baptist Churches of New Jersey or Florida (ABCNJ) member churches and who will attend any accredited four-year college or university.
Applicants for the Program must:
- Have a minimum cumulative high school grade point average of a 3.0 on a 4.0 scale and submit a final official or unofficial high school transcript.
- Be an 'active member' of a congregation which is in covenant with ABCNJ located specifically in the states of New Jersey or Florida.
- Be an entering college freshman who has been accepted at any UNCF member institution, other HBCU or an accredited four-year institution and submit a letter of admission from the college/university where the student will be enrolled full time the fall of 2021.
Eligible applicants upon completion of their application will also need to submit:
- A letter of recommendation from a church administrator/leader who is from a congregation which is in covenant with ABCNJ;
- A one-page personal statement of the student's desired career interest upon the completion of their undergraduate degree;
Direct any questions or concerns to contact Ms. Jeff Darden II at email@example.com