The Mildred Menafee Dweck Memorial Scholarship provides financial assistance to Black women who are juniors or seniors at Voorhees College and have an interest in public policy with demonstrated participation in social justice reform.
Applicants for the Program must meet the following eligibility criteria:
1) Be an African American/Black woman.
2) Possess a minimum cumulative grade point average of a 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
3) Complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid ("FASFA") form.
4) Have a demonstrated, unmet financial need as verified by their college or university.
5) Be enrolled full-time as a junior or senior African American/Black female student at Voorhees College.
Preference will be given to students who have an interest in public policy with demonstrated participation in social justice reform.
Students shall submit an online application for the Program including a one-page personal statement of career interest and a current transcript. All application materials must be received by the application deadline of June 29, 2022.
Letter of Recommendation Instructions
Applicants must invite references during the application process. Applicants should email the How to Submit a Letter of Recommendation document (download link on the right side of this page) to their reference for directions. Emailed letters of recommendation to UNCF will not be accepted at any time.
For further questions, contact Wayne Wilson (firstname.lastname@example.org)