UNCF/BEST BUY SCHOLARS PROGRAM
The UNCF/Best Buy Scholars Program is a multi-year partnership that seeks to achieve the following:
- Reduce financial barriers to a college degree for low-income students with high academic and leadership promise who have significant financial need.
- Create a pipeline of college-educated minority professionals poised to assume fulfilling careers in the consumer electronics retail industry
- *Scholarship - Up to $10,000 per academic year, renewable for up to 3 years
- *College Success Coach – aimed at supporting the student’s academic progress and professional development
- *Online Learning Community – online resources to empower and prepare scholars for academic and personal/professional success
- *Early Career Coaching
- *Best Buy E- Mentor
- *Attendance at UNCF Student Leadership Conference – if selected as a Best Buy Intern
- *Possible Internship Opportunities at Best Buy – Headquarters in Minneapolis, MN
- *Preference will be given to students who are alum participants in a Best Buy Teen Tech Center and/or Best Buy Strategic Partner
- *U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
- *Any race or ethnicity, with preference given to BIPOC and underrepresented minorities
- *Enrolled full-time as a college freshman at a two year or four-year college or university with preference given to students enrolled at HBCU’s.
- *Possess a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.5 (unweighted) on a 4.0 scale
- * Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (“FAFSA”)
- *Have a demonstrated, unmet need as verified by their college or university for the 2023-2024 academic year
- *Open to all majors with preference given to applicants majoring in business, computer science, data & analytics, economics, engineering, finance, and marketing
- *Must complete the online application - Click the "Apply" tab above to get started!
- *Must upload current transcript. College Freshmen only may submit their final high school transcripts.
- *Simultaneously complete college application and enrollment requirements
Contact Crystal Terry - firstname.lastname@example.org